- MLB Opening Day/NCAA Final Four
- As good a reason as any to spend Saturday and Sunday glued to your couch, as the big time sporting events continue to dominate the television landscape over this month-long stretch.
- Steve Miller Band, St. Augustine Amphitheater, Sunday at 7 p.m.
- An act I have seen in person before in a venue that is still the best outdoor place to see a concert on the First Coast (for at least two more months) and Sunday night curfew means the show ends at a normal time for everyone.
- 20 Baseball Players to Watch in 2017
- No better way to get excited for Opening Day than reading this piece from Michael Baumann of The Ringer listing the most exciting players in MLB at each position. Complete with fun videos for further proof.
- Jacksonville Cannons season opener, The Bolles School, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Year three for the Cannons begins at home against Nashville. A chance to see the return to Florida for the most exciting player in ultimate, Brodie Smith, one of the Cannons offseason additions.
- UNF Baseball vs. Kennesaw State, Harmon Stadium, Friday-Sunday
- Ospreys open up ASUN play at home against the Owls in a three game weekend series. One of the two biggest series in opening weekend of league play.
- Jacksonville Armada FC season opener, Hodges Stadium, Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Debut of the new look Armada at its new home, Hodges Stadium at UNF.
In the latest “Manze & Miller on Sports”, Scott and Richard went in-depth into what the new look Armada should be trying to accomplish in year three, and a tease to the next Mock Draft Monday at RCR.
Listen or download the whole episode here for your listening pleasure.