Easter weekend sees plenty more to do on the First Coast, sports-wise and otherwise. As always, Richard Miller and Scott Manze take a few moments out of their “Manze & Miller on Sports” podcast to highlight the best offerings.
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp continue first homestand of the year vs. Chattanooga, Thursday-Sunday, Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville
- The Jumbo Shrimp debuted in 2017 in front of 10,477 fans Wednesday night, and continue the festivities with Thirsty Thursday, Friday Family Fireworks, Rally Towel giveaway on Saturday and Family FUNday on Sunday
- Jacksonville Armada FC host San Francisco Deltas, UNF’s Hodges Stadium, 7 p.m. Saturday
- The Armada return home after picking up three points on the road last week and are 2-0 for the first time in franchise history. They’ll face NASL newcomer SF Deltas.
- Jacksonville Cannons host Raleigh Flyers, The Bolles School, 7 p.m. Saturday
- Perhaps the biggest rivalry in the AUDL is renewed this Saturday night, and the Cannons, after an early bye week, look to improve to 2-0.
- Armada home match Saturday
- Richard & I couldn’t decide who should say this one, so we both did. You can read about my poll on how fans are feeling about the start here.
- Easter Brunch, Various locations, Sunday
- Doesn’t matter where you eat it, what you eat, or if you even celebrate Easter. One of the biggest brunch-ing days of the year is to be celebrated regardless. Jax Mom’s Blog always has a good list of restaurants participating.
- Orlando Magic make front office changes, dominate the news
- Despite the recent on-court doldrums, the Magic have been popular amongst the blogosphere over the last few seasons. The latest from The Ringer is a mock acceptance speech for 2018 Executive of the Year by since-fired GM Rob Hennigan and how the Magic have found the terrible mix of bad and boring.
- Jacksonville and North Florida home baseball series, Thursday-Saturday
- JU hosts Lipscomb for a three-game set starting Thursday at 7 p.m. (ESPN3), Friday also at 7 p.m. (ESPN3) and then Saturday at noon (mixlr.com/judolphins) at Sessions Stadium
- UNF hosts NJIT Thursday at 6 p.m., Friday at 4 p.m. and Saturday at noon. All can be heard on 1010 AM/Asun.tv.
Check out today’s full show, which on top of Three Things, reminisced about Josh Scobee, speculated on the next Jag to retire, previewed this weekend’s ASUN baseball series and discussed the Orlando Magic holding pattern.