A weekly tradition around these parts continues, with Scott Manze and Richard Miller providing their best of the best around Jacksonville for the weekend. Because you are always looking for something to do and you are always looking for suggestions for said thing to do.
- Jacksonville University lacrosse vs. High Point, Saturday at noon, D.B. Milne Field. There is lots of fanfare surrounding the coaching hires last off-season for the only Division I lacrosse program in the state, and after stringing together two straight road wins, Senior Day with a postseason berth hanging in the balance will be a big deal.
- Bond and Beyond with the Jacksonville Symphony! It’s Friday and Saturday nights at the Jacoby Symphony Hall. A wonderful chance to hear the legendary themes played live. Catch one (or both is fine) of the showings at 8 p.m.
- That time of year where it’s NBA and NHL playoffs all weekend. If you can find an excuse to be on the couch for the weekend, you’re all set with your sports fixings.
- North Florida (7-2 in the ASUN Conference) will host FGCU baseball (4-5) this weekend at Harmon Stadium. The Battle of the Birds for any sport is a top-notch conference rivalry. First pitches for the Ospreys and Eagles: Friday at 6 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday at 1. All three games can be heard on 1010XL and on ASUN TV.
- Guns N’ Hoses is an annual Jacksonville tradition. The police versus the firefighters in the ring on Saturday night. Bell rings at 6:30 p.m. But a street party will get going April 22 at 3 o’clock in front of the Veterans Memorial Arena. Hear our Manze & Miller interview with some GNH folks.
- Go outside! Make it a beach day. Knock out some yard work in the early morning. Soak in some UV rays and recharge.